A hybrid straw bale wall system incorporates the best attributes of both load bearing and post and beam wall systems.
- The entire wall is bearing.
- The post and beam structure is engineered and receives a stamp.
- Straw bale compression both vertically and horizontally.
- Solid substrate for plaster.
- Bales on edge minimize wall footprint.
- Notching of bales eliminated.
- No line trimming straw bale fluff.
- Wood attachments for windows, doors, plaster prep, and more.
- Reference planes to help create straighter walls
I’m sure there are more benefits, can you think of any?